1. USE OF THE SITE. You must be 13 years or older to use this Site. You may access and use the Site solely for lawful purposes and only in accordance with the terms of this Agreement and any other agreement. You are required to agree to before being given access to the nonpublic areas of the Site (any such additional agreements are in addition to this Agreement and will govern your use of the Site in the event of a conflict between the terms of this Agreement and those additional agreements). NEFE reserves the right at any time and in its sole discretion to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Site (or any portion thereof) with or without notice.
2. REGISTRATION. This Site may include a process by which You may apply to become a registered user (a “Registered User”) of the Site. If the Site has such a registration process, Your access to the Site will be limited to the public areas of the Site until You apply for and are approved as a Registered User of the Site. Your approval as a Registered User is at the sole discretion of NEFE. In connection with your application to become a Registered User, You will be asked to submit certain information about yourself (“Registration Information”). If Your application to become a Registered User is approved, You will be asked to create a password-protected account to access certain nonpublic areas of the Site (an “Account”). You agree to keep your Account information and password confidential. You agree to notify NEFE immediately of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Account. You are solely responsible for all activities that occur through Your Account. NEFE will not be responsible for any loss to You caused by your failure to comply with these obligations. You represent and warrant that: (a) all Registration Information You have provided is true, accurate, current, and complete; and (b) You will maintain and promptly update the Registration Information to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete. As part of the registration process, you will be assigned or permitted to create a user ID for use in identifying your Account (a “User ID”). You may not: (i) select or use a User ID of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; (ii) use a User ID in which another person has rights without such person’s authorization; or (iii) use a User ID that NEFE, in its sole discretion, deems offensive. Failure to comply with the foregoing shall constitute a breach of this Agreement, which may result in immediate termination of your Account.
3. TERM AND TERMINATION. This Agreement will be effective on the date You first use the Site and will continue until terminated. NEFE may terminate this Agreement immediately, for any reason or no reason, with or without notice to You. You may terminate this Agreement upon written notice to NEFE, such termination effective 10 business days following acknowledgment of receipt of such notice by NEFE. NEFE may also suspend your use of the Site and direct You to cease using the Site with or without notice to You and with or without cause. Upon any termination of this Agreement, all rights granted to You under this Agreement will cease; if You are a Registered User, your Account will be closed, and You must promptly discontinue all access to any part of the Site and the use of any Content downloaded or otherwise obtained from the Site. Sections 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, and 14 will survive termination or expiration of this Agreement for any reason.
4. CONTENT. The text, files, images, graphics, illustrations, information, data, audio, video, photographs and other content (collectively, “Content”) available on or offered through the Site and any other contents of the Site (such Content, collectively, “Site Content”) are protected by intellectual property rights, including, as applicable and without limitation, copyrights, trademarks, patents, and other proprietary and intellectual property rights (“Intellectual Property Rights”). Unless otherwise noted on the Site, as between You and NEFE, its partners, affiliates, and licensors (“Affiliates”), all Site Content is owned by NEFE and its Affiliates. You may print a copy of any Site Content solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, including the following terms and conditions:
a. You must use the Site Content in conformance with all terms and conditions displayed on the Site.
b. You may use any Site Content only for instructional and educational purposes as part of programs sponsored by NEFE, or for such other express purpose as may be expressly indicated on the Site Content itself.
c. You may use the Site Content only in the form provided on or through the Site and may not modify, amend, or combine any Site Content with other material to form any new Content.
d. You must obtain all copies or reproductions of the Site Content directly from NEFE.
e. You may not use any Site Content for any commercial purpose or charge a fee or other consideration in exchange for the Site Content.
f. You may not utilize the Site Content to sell, advertise, endorse, or otherwise promote any other service, product, or party.
g. All use of the Site Content must be accompanied by an acknowledgment that the Site Content is owned by NEFE.
h. You must otherwise abide by all Intellectual Property Rights, notices, information, or restrictions contained on or in any Site Content.
i. You obtain no ownership rights in or to the Site or Site Content through this Agreement, and no other rights to utilize the Site Content other than as expressly set forth in this Agreement.
Your access to and use of any Site Content is also subject to any other license or other agreement separate from this Agreement that You may have entered into (or may enter into) with NEFE relating to that Site Content (each such license or other agreement, a “Content Agreement”). Except as expressly set forth in this Agreement or any Content Agreement, You are granted no licenses or rights, whether by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, in or to the Site or Site Content, or any Intellectual Property Rights therein or related thereto, and You may not modify, reproduce, perform, display, create derivative works from, republish, post, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, distribute, or in any way exploit any portion of the Site or Site Content without the prior written permission of NEFE. If you would like to use the Site Content in a manner that is not expressly set forth in this Agreement or any other Content Agreement, please send your request to the NEFE Webmaster by clicking here or by emailing NEFE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. MARKS. Unless otherwise labeled, all trademarks, service marks, logos, banners, and page headers displayed on this Site (collectively, the "Marks") are the property of NEFE and its Affiliates. Except as expressly set forth in this Agreement, You may not display, link to, or otherwise use the Marks without the prior written permission of NEFE.
6. POSTINGS AND UPLOADS. The Site may include forums, bulletin boards, chat rooms, or other opportunities through which You may provide or upload Content to the Site (such Content, “Provided Content”). You agree not to upload or provide any Provided Content that is: (1) libelous, defamatory, obscene, abusive, pornographic, threatening, or an invasion of privacy; (2) an infringement of the Intellectual Property Rights of any third party; (3) illegal in any way or that advocate illegal activity; (4) an advertisement or solicitation of funds, goods, or services. You hereby represent and warrant to NEFE and its Affiliates that You own all right, title, and interest in and to any Provided Content that You provide or upload to the Site, or that You have sufficient rights, whether by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, to grant NEFE the rights discussed in this Section 6. You will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless NEFE and its Affiliates from any and all third-party claims, losses, liabilities, damages, fees, expenses, and costs (including attorneys’ fees and court costs) that result from a breach or alleged breach of any representation or warranty set forth in Section 6. By providing or uploading any Provided Content to the Site, You grant NEFE a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, copy, store, reproduce, modify, display, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such Provided Content throughout the world in any form, media, software, or technology of any kind. In addition, you waive all moral rights in the Provided Content or warrant that all moral rights applicable to such content have been waived. You also grant NEFE the right to use Your name in connection with the reproduction or distribution of such material.
7. CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT. Just as NEFE requires users of the Site to respect the copyrights and other intellectual property rights of NEFE, its Affiliates, and other third parties, NEFE respects the copyrights and other intellectual property rights of users of the Site and other third parties. If You believe in good faith that Your copyrighted work has been reproduced on the Site without authorization in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, You may notify our designated copyright agent by mail to:
National Endowment for Financial Education
Attn: Copyright Infringement Agent
1331 17th Street, Suite 1200
Denver, CO 80202
Please provide the following information to NEFE’s Copyright Infringement Agent:
(1) the identity of the infringed work, and of the allegedly infringing work;
(2) Your name, address, daytime phone number, and E mail address, if available;
(3) a statement that You have a good-faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work is not authorized by the owner, his or her agent, or the law;
(4) a statement of the accuracy of the notice and, under penalty of perjury, that You are authorized to act on behalf of the owner; and
(5) Your electronic or physical signature.
8. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES. You hereby represent, warrant, and covenant for the benefit of NEFE and its Affiliates that: (1) You have the legal right and authority to enter into this Agreement, and, if You are accepting this Agreement on behalf of a company or other entity, to bind the company or other entity to the terms of this Agreement; (2) You have the legal right and authority to perform Your obligations under this Agreement and to grant the rights and licenses described in this Agreement and in any applicable additional agreement You enter into in connection with any of the Services; (3) all information You provide to NEFE in connection with this Agreement and Your access to the Site and use of the Services is correct and current.
9. DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
9.1 Disclaimer. THE SITE IS PROVIDED BY NEFE "AS IS" and “AS AVAILABLE” WITH NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER. NEITHER NEFE NOR ITS AFFILIATES REPRESENT OR ENDORSE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT, OR OTHER INFORMATION DISPLAYED, DOWNLOADED FROM, OR DISTRIBUTED THROUGH THE SITE. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY OR DAMAGE YOU INCUR THROUGH ACCESS TO THE SITE. EXCEPT WHERE THE LAWS AND REGULATIONS OF A PARTICULAR JURISDICTION CONCERNING WARRANTIES CANNOT BE WAIVED OR EXCLUDED BY AGREEMENT, NEFE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU RECOGNIZE THAT THE CURRENT STATE OF TECHNOLOGY DOES NOT ALLOW FOR ERROR-FREE ACCESS TO THE SITE AND INTERRUPTIONS, CRASHES, AND DOWNTIME BEYOND NEFE’S CONTROL MAY OCCUR FROM TIME TO TIME.
9.2 Limitation. IN NO EVENT WILL NEFE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE OR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF NEFE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. NEFE’s total aggregate liability for any damages arising out of or related to this Agreement will not exceed $250.
10. INDEMNIFICATION. You hereby indemnify, defend, and hold harmless NEFE and its Affiliates, employees, agents, contractors, assigns, licensees, and successors in interest (“Indemnified Parties”) from any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, fees, expenses, and costs (including attorneys' fees, court costs, damage awards, and settlement amounts) that result from any claim or allegation against any Indemnified Party arising from Your accessing the Site or Your breach of any term of this Agreement. NEFE will provide You with notice of any such claim or allegation, and NEFE will have the right to participate in the defense of any such claim at its expense.
12. LINKED SITES. The Site may contain links to third-party sites that are not under the control of NEFE, and NEFE is not responsible for any content on any linked site. If you access a third-party site from the Site, then you do so at your own risk. NEFE provides links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of the link does not imply that NEFE endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content on those third-party sites. NEFE welcomes links to the Site. You may establish a link to this Site, provided that the link does not state or imply any sponsorship or endorsement of your site by NEFE or any group or individual affiliated with NEFE. You may not use on your site any Content or Marks appearing on the Site in establishing the link. You may not frame or otherwise incorporate into another site the Content or other materials on the Site without prior written consent.
13. NOTICES. Except as expressly stated otherwise, any notices required or allowed under this Agreement will be given to NEFE by postal mail to the address for NEFE listed on the Site. If applicable law requires that NEFE accepts E-mail notices (but not otherwise), then You may send NEFE an E-mail notice by clicking here or by emailing NEFE at insert email@example.com. With respect to NEFE's notices to You, NEFE may provide notice of amendments by posting them on the Site and You agree to check for changes. In addition, or in lieu thereof, NEFE may give notice by sending E-mail to the E-mail address You provide during registration for the Site. Notice shall be deemed given 24 hours after it is posted or an E-mail is sent, unless (as to E-mail) the sending party is notified that the E-mail address is invalid.
14. GENERAL TERMS
14.1 Third-Party Beneficiaries. NEFE’s Affiliates are intended third-party beneficiaries under this Agreement with the right to enforce the provisions that directly concern Content to which they have rights.
14.2 Nonassignment. You may not assign or transfer any of Your rights hereunder, and any attempt to do so will be null and void.
14.3 Integration. This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding of the parties and supersedes any and all prior oral and written agreements or understandings between the parties regarding the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement may not be modified except upon mutual written agreement of both parties. The waiver by either party of a breach of any provision of this Agreement will not operate or be interpreted as a waiver of any other or subsequent breach.
14.4 Severability. If for any reason any provision of this Agreement shall be held invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part in any jurisdiction, such provision shall, as to such jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability, without in any manner affecting the validity or enforceability thereof in any other jurisdiction or the remaining provisions hereof in any jurisdiction.
14.5 Jurisdiction and Venue. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado, without giving effect to any conflict of laws principles. The parties specifically exclude from application to the Agreement the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act. You hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to the jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts sitting in Denver, Colo. In any such dispute, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover its reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses from the other party.
This policy sets forth how we handle information we learn about you from your visit to our web site. Please be assured that we are committed to fair information practices and the protection of privacy.
1. Types of Information Collected
a. Traffic Data Collected. We may automatically track and collect information when you visit our site, including your: (a) IP address; (b) domain server; (c) type of computer; (d) date and time; and (e) type of Web browser and operating system used (collectively "Traffic Data"). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify you but is helpful for analysis purposes or for improving your experience on the site. We may use "cookies" or other similar software or code on this site.
b. Personal Information Collected. In order for you to access and use certain areas of the site and to order materials or information that we may offer through the site, we may require you to provide us with information that personally identifies you ("Personal Information"). Personal Information may include data such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, username, access password, birth date and other contact information. We may collect and retain any Personal Information that you provide to us. If you send us any email or other communication, we may retain those communications in order to respond to you, to evaluate or improve the services, or for other purposes. It is your responsibility to update or correct your Personal Information whenever necessary. To update, correct, or request removal of your personal information, contact us at the address below.
c. Not for Children. The areas of the site that require Personal Information are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to access or use areas of the site that require the disclosure of Personal Information. If we discover or are advised that a person who has disclosed Personal Information through the site is under the age of 13, we will delete all Personal Information provided by that person.
2. Uses of Information Collected
We may use Personal Information:
(a) to send you information or materials about our organization or to contact you when necessary;
(b) to send you or provide you access to information and materials offered through the site;
(c) to authorize and monitor the access to and use of the site;
(d) for research, development and analysis in connection with the maintenance, protection and improvement of our services, materials and information; and
(e) for purposes of maintaining and improving the site, the function of the site and access to the site.
We will not use Personal Information collected through the site to send you unsolicited promotional materials unless you request the information through the site or "opt in" when an opportunity to do so is presented.
We may use Traffic Data and aggregated non-personal information and share such data and information with third parties.
3. User Choice Regarding Collection, Use and Distribution of Personal Information
You may choose not to provide us with any Personal Information. In such an event, you can still access and use much of the site; however, you may not be able to access and use portions of the site that require your Personal Information.
4. Confidentiality of Personal Information
We may provide Personal Information to affiliated organizations or third parties if necessary to provide you with information, materials or services you have requested, provided that such organizations, persons or entities agree to keep such information private in accordance with this policy.
5. Other Limits to Your Privacy
This site may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. We may also make forums, message boards, and news groups available to you. Please understand that any information disclosed in these areas may become public information. We have no control over its use and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.