With the uncertainty in the world right now, many people are turning towards precious metals to diversify their investment portfolios, especially when the market is volatile. Gold has proven to stand the test of time and keep its value through the years, no matter how much the stock market fluctuates. Truly, gold is an insurance policy against uncertain economic times.
Another good choice for precious metals investments is silver. While not as secure as gold, silver is more of speculative investment due to its constant price fluctuations in the market, but there are many opportunities to buy and sell silver at great prices, thus further enhancing your investment portfolio.
With more and more people looking towards precious metals for their financial security, the online presence of gold and silver dealers has increased dramatically. With so many of these companies popping up, how can you be sure that you’re dealing with a reputable and reliable dealer?
It is important that investors do their homework before spending their hard-earned money on any precious metals. That’s where we come in. We have chosen, today, to review BullionByPost.com, a dealer that started in the UK and is one of the better-known precious metals dealers out there. Keep reading this Bullion By Post review to find out if they are the right dealer for you.
Who Is BullionByPost.com?
BullionByPost.com is a UK-based bullion dealer located in Birmingham city center. They are the UK’s number one online bullion dealer and they are a part of the Jewellery Quarter Bullion Limited (JQB). BullionByPost.com was founded to offer private UK investors the ability to buy bullion at low prices in a straightforward and secure way. They have recently expanded their services to the U.S. as well.
BullionByPost.com offers over 3000 products including gold and silver bars and coins, platinum, and palladium. They also pride themselves on the amount of information they have available on their site for new and experienced investors alike.
Additionally, BullionByPost.com is an authorized gold and silver bullion distributor from well-known, accredited LBMA-approved refiners.
- Perth Mint
They are also one of two authorized Royal Mint distributors, selling only authentic British mint coins and sets.
If you’ve never invested in gold, you might be hesitant to make that commitment. It can be overwhelming to decide on what products to buy. If you’re unsure where to start, BullionByPost.com shares its Top 5 Gold Investments, which include:
- One ounce Gold Britannia – The Gold Britannia coin 1 oz. is the most popular product that BullionByPost.com sells. They can be purchased tax-free, are small, and easy to store and sell. Coins made from 2013 onwards consist of 24 karat gold and coins made in 2012 or before are 22 karat gold. They are ideal for small investors and large investors alike.
- One ounce American Gold Eagle – The American Gold Eagle coin is the most popular American product that BullionByPost.com sells. This is a good investment for those that wish to spend $100,000 or more.
- 100 gram Gold bar – If you’re looking to spend between $10,000-$50,000 (or more), you may want to consider gold bars. They keep a great resale value and a great value for your money.
- One ounce Canadian Maple coin – The Canadian Maple coin is 24 karat gold and manufactured by the Royal Canadian Mint.
- One ounce Gold bar – If you are an investor worried about Capital Gains Taxes, the one-ounce gold bar is a good choice. It is 24 karat gold and is ideal for investments between $1,000-$20,000 or more.
If you prefer silver, you have some popular options with BullionByPost.com as well. These include:
- One ounce Silver Maple coin – The Silver Maple coins are among the most reputable silver coins available on the precious metals market. You can invest in these coins for as little as $100 for 99.99% pure silver.
- One ounce Silver Britannia coin – These coins are manufactured by the Royal Mint and have a slightly higher price tag, typically attracting higher-level investors.
- One kilogram Silver bar – This is the most popular size of silver bars and they are popular with both new and more experienced investors. With as little as $10,000 you can get a 99.99% pure silver bar manufactured by either PAMP, Unicore, or Metalor.
- One ounce Silver Eagle coin – If you have only $100-$5,000 that you’re looking to spend, the one oz. American Silver Eagle is a good choice.
- Five kilograms Silver bar – If you want to make a big investment the 5 kg silver bar is for you. Manufactured by Umicore, these bars are ideal for investors looking to spend a minimum of $10,000 and over $100,000.
The Benefits of Choosing BullionByPost.com
Besides their reputation for being the best place to purchase gold and silver in the U.K., there are other benefits for choosing BullionByPost.com, which include:
- Fully insured and free delivery – All orders from BullionByPost.com can be placed on their website. Your order will ship quickly, for free, with full insurance by Lloyd’s of London. They will insure up to $25,000 per shipment, which means that BullionByPost.com will separate your order into multiple shipments for its protection and no further shipment will be sent out until proof that the first has made it to your delivery address.
- No hidden fees – Whatever you are quoted on their website is what you will pay for your investments on BullionByPost.com. No fees are ever hidden and all business is fully transparent.
- Low margins – Compared to other bullion dealers, BullionByPost.com offers its customers low margins on their investments. They aim to be the cheapest bullion dealer in the U.K.
- Simple buying process – To begin purchasing your precious metals from BullionByGold.com, all you need to do is register for an online account, choose your bullion, make a payment, and then receive your purchase. It’s literally that easy.
- Buy-back program – Many bullion companies will not allow their customers to sell back their purchases to the company. Not BullionByPost.com. They will sell you the precious metals and even buy them back at the current market value.
- User-friendly website – When you’re just starting out with investing, you want everything to be easy to understand and quick to find, especially if you have questions. BullionByPost.com keeps things simple and offers up a wealth of information for your investing needs.
- Customer service – BullionByPost.com has a large customer service team that is available to help you Monday through Friday 9 am-6 pm, with extra phone lines available 7 am-10 pm. They do not have an online chat feature, so you will be dealing with phone calls or emails, but no matter what method you use to contact them, you’re sure to get excellent customer service. If you don’t believe me, check out their online reviews, which are stellar.
The Final Verdict on BullionByPost.com
Before you decide on making any type of investment, you are wise to question the company you’re considering. BullionByPost.com is not only a legitimate company, but they are an amazing one. They have been in business since 2009 and have more registered users on their site than there are residents in Oxford, England. (Hint, hint: That’s a lot!)
With an easy to use website, amazing customer service, competitive prices, a huge inventory, excellent insurance, and the fact that they will buy back their products, you can be assured that you are getting a top-notch precious metals bullion dealer for all of your investments when you decide to use BullionByPost.com.
Other Bullion Reviews You Need To Read
I’ve got a bunch of other reviews on bullion companies that you’ll want to check out. These are alternatives to Bullion By Post and ones that I suggest knowing about. Check them out below…