Investing can be a tricky endeavor, especially when you’re not sure if the precious metals company you’re looking at is a good one, or one that will be fleecing you out of your hard-earned money. And with so many options out there for a precious metals company, how do you know if the company you’re considering is legitimate?
You can first look at a precious metals company’s reputation. And while that is a good place to start, it may not give you the whole picture.
Regal Assets has been a top-ranked precious metals dealer for years and their customers have been pleased with their service, but are they a company you should consider for your precious metals investing needs?
Before you choose them, consider this Regal Assets review.
Who is Regal Assets? (A Complete Overview)
Regal Assets was founded in Burbank, California in 2009 by Tyler Gallagher, who is still their CEO. They do business world-wide and while they specialize in gold IRA’s, you can still pursue other metals like silver, platinum, palladium, and even crypto IRA’s.
In addition to standard and numismatic coins, they also deal in bullion. They are ranked #20 on the INC 500 in the financial services category and have been ranked as one of the top 500 fastest growing organizations in North America by MarketWatch Inc. Magazine as well as being featured in The Huffington Post, SmartMoney, and Forbes, among others. They have also had a variety of celebrity endorsements from the likes of Lars Larson, Laura Ingraham, Alan Colmes, and Alan Thicke.
It is safe to say that Regal Assets is a trusted name in the precious metals investment industry. With their “no pushy sales” philosophy, Regal Assets puts the customer first and provides transparency so there are no surprises for you, which is something that is very welcome in the investment world.
Regal Assets Services
Regal Assets deals almost exclusively in precious metals, which is a great way to diversify your retirement portfolio. They offer a few different account packages, which include:
- $5,000 minimum (Merchant Package)-this account allows customers to invest in gold and silver with the ability to liquidate their investments
- $10,000 minimum (Knighthood Package)-this is a family-based investment level
- $25,000 minimum (Legacy Portfolio)-a mixture of crypto investments and precious metals
- $50,000 minimum (Kingship Portfolio)
- $100,000 minimum (Dynasty Portfolio)
- Over $250,000 (Coronation Portfolio)
The latter four investment accounts are geared towards corporate clients looking to diversify their companies’ portfolios and will include separate storage in places like London or Dubai and each will come with personalized service from the team at Regal Assets.
Approved Bars and Coins for IRA’s
The U.S. Tax Code has strict requirements about the precious metals used in a precious metals IRA. This means that gold must have a purity of at least 99.5%, silver must have a purity of 99.9%, platinum must have a purity of 99.95%, and palladium must have a purity of 99.95%.
Fortunately, Regal Assets has made it simple for you and offers up these IRA-approved products:
- Gold American Eagle Coin
- Gold American Buffalo Coin
- Gold Britannia Coin
- Gold Canadian Maple Leaf Coin
- Gold Chinese Panda Coin
- Gold South African Krugerrand Coin
- Gold Austrian Philharmonic Coin
- 1 kl Credit Suisse Gold Bar
- 10 oz Credit Suisse Gold Bar
- 1 oz Credit Suisse Gold Bar
- 50 gm Credit Suisse Gold Bar
- 20 gm Credit Suisse Gold Bar
- 10 gm Credit Suisse Gold Bar
- 5 gm Credit Suisse Gold Bar
- 2.5 gm Credit Suisse Gold Bar
- 1 gm Credit Suisse Gold Bar
- Silver American Eagle Coin
- Silver Canadian Maple Leaf Coin
- Silver Austrian Philharmonic Coin
- 1 kl Silver Australian Kookaburra Coin
- 1 kl Silver Australian Koala Coin
- Silver Britannia Coin
- 100 oz Silver Bar
- 10 oz Johnson Mathey Silver Bar
- Palladium Canadian Maple Leaf Coin
- 10 oz Credit Suisse Palladium Bar
- 1 oz Credit Suisse Palladium Bar
- Platinum American Eagle Coin
- Platinum Canadian Maple Leaf Coin
- Platinum Australian Koala Coin
Maybe you’re into crypto and you’d like to use cryptocurrency for your investments. Regal Assets has stayed on the forefront of investments and opened up cryptocurrency for its more tech savvy customers.
Ethereum and Bitcoin are the two most well-known cryptocurrencies out there, but Regal Assets doesn’t stop with them. You can also invest in Zcash, Stellar, XRP, Tezos, and Litecoin; but if you’re interested in another type, just submit a request and Regal Assets will look into it.
Not only is Regal Assets a leader in the precious metals investment world, but being one of the first companies to offer crypto as an investment option has made them a go-to for this unique way to diversify your investment portfolio.
Franck Muller Bitcoin Watches
If you’re into watches, you might want to consider a Franck Muller Bitcoin Watch. These unique watches are made from diamonds and precious metals and are a Bitcoin wallet all-in-one. This means you can use your Franck Muller watch to add Bitcoins to your wallet, check your balance, and make transactions all through the watch. More information on these timepieces can be found on the Regal Assets website if you’re interested.
Pros and Cons of Regal Assets (The Quick Rundown)
When we look at precious metals investment companies, it is easy to see why Regal Assets is top contender.
Here are the pros of using Regal Assets for your investment needs:
- Reputation – Regal Assets is a well-awarded company with numerous reputable financial publications mentioning them as a good company to work with. They have very good ratings with third-party customer-based review sites such as The Better Business Bureau (BBB), the Business Consumer Alliance, and Trust Link.
- Customer Service – Regal Assets understands that their customer is king and they are frequently recognized for their fast response times, their dedication, and their extensive knowledge about the precious metals market.
- Segregated storage – Many precious metals companies will store their customers assets in a shared storage area, but not Regal Assets. They are one of the few companies where each customer’s storage is segregated from the others and where you can store in off-site locations to protect from the 1968 Gold Control Act.
With the good also comes the bad. Here are the cons of using Regal Assets:
- Priority to corporate clients – This isn’t a huge issue, but Regal Assets does tend to prioritize their corporate clients over the personal ones. You will still get great service, but higher investments will bring in more services.
- Misleading advertisements – Regal Assets focuses on gold so they tend to advertise the heck out of the importance of gold IRA’s. They state that gold is the only way to protect against depreciation, but that just isn’t true.
- Selection – Regal Assets does offer a nice selection of products, but there are companies out there that offer more. If you want a wider selection, Regal Assets might not be for you.
The Bottom Line on Regal Assets
Regal Assets has been providing excellent service to investors since 2009 and their reputation shows that they take this very seriously. And while service is always top-notch, there are some downfalls.
This includes their selection (a bit more limited than other companies), a gold-focused mentality (gold isn’t the only option out there for investments), and a priority towards their corporate clients (larger-scale investments get more attention and can put investments out-of-range for those who are smaller-scale investors).
These downfalls are not something that I would use to totally discount Regal Assets if you’re looking to diversify your portfolio, whether it be with precious metals or cryptocurrency. They are consistently rated as a top company for a reason and you will likely be more than satisfied with their services if you are the type of investor they cater to.